About this Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice is meant to give you information about what personal data we collect about you, how we use it, why we use it, and how you control the data processing.
Table of Contents.
- The Basics: Who We Are, Our Role, and Definitions
- Personal Data We Collect, How We Use It, and Why
- Visitors to our Website
- Our Marketing Activities
- Sharing the Personal Data We Collect
- International Transfer
- Your Rights – How to Access and Limit Our Use of Certain Personal Data
- Data Retention
- Cookies and Similar Technologies
- Third-Party Services
- Changes to the Privacy Notice
- The Basics
- Who We Are
- We at Technologies of Voice Interface Ltd., together with our affiliate, Voiceitt, Inc., offer a hands-free voice recognition service through our mobile app. Our offices are located at Jabotinsky 35, Ramat Gan, Israel, and our registration number is 514794486. Voiceitt Inc.'s registered office is located at 700 Canal Street, Stamford, CT, USA 06902.
- If you have questions about our company or your privacy, or want to exercise your rights, you can contact us at email@example.com.
- Our Role: Controller and Processor. Certain data protection laws, including the laws in the EU, differentiate between a party that determines why and how personal data is processed (called a "controller") and a party that processes personal data solely on the controller's behalf and according to the controller's instructions (called a "processor"). We are the controller in respect of the processing described in this Privacy Notice.
- Definitions and Recommendations
- When we refer to "services", we mean the services available through our website and mobile app.
- When we refer to "personal data", we mean information that is defined as personal data under law. This includes information that identifies you directly or indirectly, including unique identifiers like IP addresses or cookie IDs.
- When we refer to "you", we mean visitors to our website and users of our app and services.
- This Privacy Notice is meant to be read together with our Terms of Service, which you can find at https://voiceitt.com/terms-of-service. In general, we recommend that you routinely review this privacy notice and your preferences on our app.
- A Note on Legal Bases. Certain jurisdictions only allow the processing of personal data where a legal basis has been established. Under the EU's General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR"), the possible legal bases include (but are not limited to): your consent, the processing is necessary to perform a contract with you, the processing is necessary to fulfill our legal obligations, or a company has a legitimate business interest to process your personal data. We only collect and process data where we have established a legal basis. Below you can find more details about specific legal bases.
- Personal Data We Collect, How We Use It, and Why. Below is a description of the types of personal data we collect, how we use it, and the reason why we consider each use lawful. You have no legal obligation to provide us with personal data, but if you don't provide us with certain information, we may not be able to provide you with the associated services.
- Visitors to our Website. When you visit our site, we may collect the following types of data about you.
- Contact Information. If you contact us, whether by submitting an online form on our site or by sending us an email, we collect the information in your message and any other information you provide.
How we use this data: To respond to your request or inquiry and, if you have given your consent, to provide you with newsletters and marketing materials.
Legal Basis: When we process this personal data to respond to your inquiry, we do so on the basis of our legitimate interest to promote our services. When we process this personal data to send you newsletters and other marketing materials, we do so only based on your consent.
- Activity and System Data (Cookies). When you visit our site, we automatically collect data about your computer or mobile device, including personal data such as your IP address, device ID, address date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, clicked pages and any other information your browser may send to us. For more information about the cookies we use and how to adjust your preferences, see the Cookies and Similar Technologies section below.
How We Use this Data: We mainly use this data to generate aggregated analytics data about the use of our site so we can maintain and improve the site and develop new products or services. We also use statistical data to prevent fraud and protect the security of our site. Some cookies may be used to provide you with advertising for our products based on your preferences and interests. One of the tools we use to collect and analyze this data is "Google Analytics". For more information about how Google collects information and how you can control such use, see: www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
Legal Basis: We process this personal data based our legitimate interests to develop and improve our products and services, and to prevent fraud. When we collect your activity data to advertise to you, we do so on the basis of our legitimate interest to market our own products and services. Additional information regarding Our Marketing Activities is provided below.
- Users. If you are a user of our services, we collect the following types of personal data from you.
- Registration Data. In order to use our services, you will be required to register. As part of registration, you will be asked to provide your name, email address, and a password. You may choose to provide additional information such as your age, native language, country, information about your health and diagnosis (see 'Special Categories of Data' below), as well as information about your speech characteristics. If you are registering an account for a minor, we may request that you provide verifiable consent by submitting a signed parental consent form via email. In such case, we will collect any additional information provided on such consent form.
How we Use this Data: We use your registration information to allow you to access to our services, save your preferences, protect the security of our services, prevent fraud, and address any issues that arise. We use your contact details to communicate with you about our services.
Legal Basis: When we process your registration data to provide you with our services, we do so to perform a contract with you, in this case our Terms of Service. When we process your registration data to maintain our services, including to prevent fraud, protect the security of and/or address issues with our services, we do so on the basis of our legitimate interest to maintain our assets.
- Purchase and Transaction Data. When you purchase a Subscription, we may collect information such as the date and time of your transaction, amount of your transaction, and other order details.
How we Use this Data: We use this personal data in order to provide you with the services.
Legal Basis: We process this personal data for the purpose of providing the services to you, which is considered performance of a contract with you, namely our Terms of Service, including providing customer support.
- Activity and System Data (Cookies). We collect data about your device and your activity, as described more fully above in section 1.1.2, when you use our app, as well as data about your actual usage and related account activity, including, but not limited to, your last login time, duration of login and list of activities performed by you.
How we use this data: (1) to review usage and operations, develop new products or services and improve current content, products, and services; (2) to prevent fraud, protect the security of our services, and address any problems with the services.
Legal Basis: We process this personal data for our legitimate interests to review the usage of our services and perform analytics in order to develop and improve our products and services, as well as to prevent fraud, maintain our internal records, and to protect our legal rights.
- Voice Recordings and Text Recordings. The services allow you to record speech and upload the recordings to create a translation of non-standard speech into recognizable speech. In addition, we may also collect a text version of your voice recordings, as well as text matching the recognizable speech of such recordings. For more information about your rights in connection with your voice recordings, please see the "Your Rights – How to Access and Limit Our Use of Certain Personal Data" section below.
How we use this data: (1) to provide you with the services, including to learn to recognize your individual speech patterns, (2) to train our machine learning algorithms, troubleshoot issues, to analyze and improve our products and services; and (3) to tailor our services to your needs and the needs of other users. If you have consented to such use, we may also share, modify, make derivate works of, or commercialize your voice recordings.
Legal Basis: When we process this personal data to provide you with our services, this is considered the performance of a contract with you. When we process your recordings to troubleshoot and/or improve our services generally, we do so based on our legitimate interest to develop our products and services, review the usage of our services, perform analytics, maintain internal records, and protect our legal rights. When we use your voice recordings in any other way, we do so based on your consent. Under certain circumstances, voice recording may be "special categories of data" and subject to additional protections under law. We will only collect voice recordings if you give us your explicit consent. You may withdraw your consent, however, if you do, we will not be able to provide you with the services.
- Optional Additional Health Data – In the course of providing our services to you, you may choose to provide us with additional data concerning your health, which is considered to be "special categories of data" and is subject to special protections under the law. We will only collect such data if you provide your consent.
How we use this data: We use this data in order to improve our services and tailor our services to your needs and the needs of other users.
Legal Basis: We process this personal data based on your explicit consent. You may withdraw your consent by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will process your request as soon as reasonably possible, however it may take a few days for us to update our records before any opt out is effective.
- Our Marketing Activities. As described above, we may use personal data we collect for advertising and marketing purposes. We try to limit the marketing material we send to a reasonable and proportionate level. Below we describe how you can control the marketing material you receive from us.
- Email Marketing and Services Communications
- We use your contact details to send you informational newsletters about our products and services.
- You can stop the delivery of all marketing emails by following the "unsubscribe" link in any messages we send you. Alternatively, you can contact us at email@example.com to request to unsubscribe.
- Note that if you are a registered user, we may need to contact you about administrative or service-related issues as part of the services we provide to you. This is not marketing communication and you will continue to receive these messages even if you opt-out of marketing emails.
- Web Ads
- We serve online ads based on the activity data we collect using cookies. You can change the way your browser manages cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser as explained below in the How to Adjust Your Preferences section.
- We may also use social media plugins, which will allow social media platforms to link personal data collected through our site with personal data in your social media profile. This combined data may be used to serve you with advertising or customized content on the applicable social media platform. We recommend that you routinely review the privacy notices and preference settings that are available to you on social media platforms you use.
- Sharing the Personal Data We Collect. We share your information, including personal data, as follows:
- Affiliates. We share your personal data, with our affiliated company and joint controller, Voiceitt, Inc. where this is necessary to provide you with our products and services and so that we can manage our business, such as to keep updated records of our users.
- Service Providers. Below is a list of the types of service providers we use, the service each provides, and the types of data shared with each. All service providers have agreed to confidentiality restrictions and have undertaken to use your personal data solely as we direct.
Type of Service
personal data Shared
We use service providers that offer cloud computing services. They offer us space on their servers for us to store our files and programs, including your personal data.
All personal data that we collect from you is stored on third party servers.
We use an independent vendor to send out marketing emails on our behalf.
Your name and email address.
We use a service provider to assist us with analytics services.
Data collected automatically through our site, including IP addresses and cookie information.
- Advertisers. When you click on an ad, whether or not it's on our site, the relevant advertiser will be alerted that someone has visited the page on which the relevant advertisement was displayed, and may be able to identify your device by using certain technologies, like cookies. We share personal data with advertisers who collect data through our site with your consent. Advertisers are able to combine the personal data they collect independently with personal data we allow them to collect through our site. These advertisers serve as independent controllers of your personal data.
- Business Transfers. Your personal data may be disclosed as part of, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets or acquisition (including in cases of liquidation) in such case, your personal data shall continue being subject to the provisions of this Privacy Notice.
- Your Recordings. Subject to your separate, opt-in consent, we may share some or all of your voice recordings with third parties, including as part of a commercial transaction. These third parties act as independent controllers of your personal data. For more information regarding these independent controllers, please contact us at the email address below. You may revoke your consent at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Change of Ownership. If we are looking to sell our company, liquidate assets, or merge with another, we may share your personal data with other interested parties as part of negotiations toward that transaction. In such case, or where we do sell our company, your personal data shall continue to be subject to the provisions of this Privacy Notice.
- Law Enforcement Related Disclosure. We may share your personal data with government agencies or other relevant parties, such as a law office or independent auditor: (i) if we believe that such disclosure is appropriate to protect our rights, property or safety (including the enforcement of the Terms and this Privacy Notice) or those of a third party; (ii) if required by law or court order; or (iii) as is necessary to comply with any legal and/or regulatory obligations, such as audit requirements.
- International Transfer. Some of our service providers and affiliates are located in countries other than your own. When we transfer your personal data internationally, we will do so safely and securely and in accordance with applicable law.
- If you are located in the EU, when we share your personal data with third parties based outside of the European Economic Area ("EEA"), we will ensure that they sign on agreements that require them to comply with applicable law, keep your data secure at similar levels to the level described in this Privacy Notice, and make sure that your data protection rights are protected. We will also implement the following safeguards:
- When we transfer your personal data to Israel or the UK, we rely on the decision by the European Commission that says that those countries are considered to provide an adequate level of data protection.
- Where we transfer your personal data to other countries, we (i) take additional security measures to protect the data and (ii) use specific contracts approved by the European Commission, known as the Standard Contractual Clauses, to give your personal data the same protection it has in the EEA.
- Please contact us at email@example.com if you would like further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your Personal Data out of the EEA.
- Security. We have implemented and maintain appropriate technical and organization security measures, policies and procedures designed to reduce the risk of accidental destruction or loss, or the unauthorized disclosure or access to personal data appropriate to the nature of such data. The measures we take include:
- Safeguards – The physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards we employ to protect your personal data include secure servers, firewalls, antivirus, and SSL encryption of data.
- Access Control – We dedicate efforts for a proper management of system entries and limit access only to authorized personnel on a need to know basis of least privilege rules, review permissions quarterly, and revoke access immediately after employee termination.
- Internal Policies – We maintain and regularly review and update our privacy related and information security policies.
- Personnel – We require new employees to sign non-disclosure agreements according to applicable law and industry customary practice.
- Database Backup – Our databases are backed up on a periodic basis for certain data and are verified regularly. Backups are encrypted and stored within the production environment to preserve their confidentiality and integrity, are tested regularly to ensure availability, and are accessible only by authorized personnel.
However, no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
As the security of information depends in part on the security of the computer you use to communicate with us and the security you use to protect user IDs and passwords, please take appropriate measures to protect this information.
- Your Rights – How to Access and Limit Our Use of Certain Personal Data. Depending on which laws apply, you have certain legal rights over your data. Below is some general information about rights that may apply to you but we recommend checking the law or consulting with a lawyer to understand what applies in your specific case. To exercise your rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you want to exercise your rights regarding your personal data held by other controllers you can contact the applicable controller directly. We may ask for reasonable evidence to verify your identity before we can comply with any request.
- Right of Access. You may have a right to know what personal data we collect about you. We may charge you with a fee to provide you with this information, if permitted by law. If we are unable to provide you with all the information you request, we will do our best to explain why. See Article 15 of the GDPR for more details, if your personal data is subject to GDPR.
- Right to Correct personal data. You may request that we update, complete, correct or delete inaccurate, incomplete, or outdated personal data. See Article 16 of the GDPR for more details, if your personal data is subject to GDPR.
- Deletion of personal data ("Right to Be Forgotten"). If you are located in the EU, you may have the right to request that we delete your personal data. Note that we cannot restore information once it has been deleted. Even after you ask us to delete your personal data, we may be allowed to keep certain data for specific purposes under applicable law. See Article 17 of the GDPR for more details, if your personal data is subject to GDPR.
- Right to Restrict Processing. If you are located in the EU, you may have the right to ask us to stop processing your personal data. See Article 18 of the GDPR for more details, if your personal data is subject to GDPR.
- Right to Data Portability. If you are located in the EU, you may have the right to request that we provide you with a copy of the personal data you provided to us in a structured, commonly-used, and machine-readable format. See Article 20 of the GDPR for more details, if your personal data is subject to GDPR.
- Right to Object. If you are located in the EU, you may have the right object to certain processing activities. See Article 21 of the GDPR for more details, if your personal data is subject to GDPR.
- Withdrawal of Consent. If we are processing your data based on your consent, you are always free to withdraw your consent, however, this won't affect processing we have done from before you withdrew your consent.
- Right to Lodge a Complaint with Your Local Data Protection Authority. If you are located in the EU, you have the right to submit a complaint to the relevant data protection authority if you have any concerns about how we are processing your personal data, though we ask that as a courtesy you please attempt to resolve any issues with us first.
- Data Retention.
- We retain your personal data as long as necessary to fulfill each of the purposes we described above. Once we're done with your data, we delete it.
- When deciding how long to store personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized access, the purposes for which the personal data was collected, as well as applicable legal requirements. Please note that we may delete information from our systems without notifying you first. Retention by any of our service providers or subcontractors may vary in accordance with each business's retention policy.
- In some circumstances, we may store your personal data if required to do so by law (e.g. to fulfill tax or audit requirements), or to keep accurate records of our interactions in case there is a prospect of litigation relating to your personal data. In such cases, we will maintain the same security measures as described above.
- Please contact us at email@example.com if you would like details about the retention periods for each type of personal data we process.
- Cookies and Similar Technologies.
- What are Cookies? A cookie is a small piece of text that is sent to your browser by a website you visit. This piece of text acts as a sort of tag, letting the website know that it's you (really, your device) that's visiting. There are other technologies that act similarly, like web beacons, pixel tags, and Device IDs for apps, but for simplicity's sake we'll refer to them all as "cookies".
- Websites can place their own cookies (called "first-party cookies") but can also place cookies from other sites (called "third-party cookies"). If your browser holds both first and third-party cookies for a given website, both the website and the third party are notified when you visit the site. We may place both first and third-party cookies on our site.
Type of Cookie
Why We Use These Cookies
These cookies are necessary in order to allow the services to work correctly. They enable you to access the services, move around, and access different services, features, and tools. Examples include remembering previous actions (e.g. entered text) when navigating back to a page in the same session. These cookies cannot be disabled.
These cookies remember your settings and preferences and the choices you make (such as language or regional preferences) in order to help us personalize your experience and offer you enhanced functionality and content.
These cookies collect analytical information to help us understand how you use our services, for example whether you have viewed messages, clicked on links, and how long you spent on each page. This helps us improve our services to better suit your needs.
These cookies are placed in order to deliver content, including ads relevant and meaningful to you and your interests. They may also be used to deliver targeted advertising or to limit the number of times you see an advertisement. This can help us track how efficient advertising campaigns are, both for our own services and for other websites. Such cookies may track your browsing habits and activity when visiting our site and/or App and those of third-parties.
- Third Party Cookies. In addition to our first-party cookies, we place cookies from the following third parties:
- How to Adjust Your Preferences. Most web browsers are initially configured to accept cookies, but you can change the settings, so your browser refuses all cookies or certain types of cookies. In addition, you are free to delete any existing cookies at any time. Please note that some features of the services may not function properly when cookies are disabled or removed. For example, if you delete cookies that store your account information or preferences, you will be required to input these each time you visit.
- Email Cookies. Additionally, cookies may be placed in messages we send in order to track your interaction with such emails.
- Third-Party Services. You may have access to third-party services through our services. Please note that all use of third-party services is at your own risk and subject to such third party's terms and privacy policies. We do not take any responsibility for the performance of other services.
- Children. We do not knowingly collect personal data from children under the age of sixteen (16) without parental consent. In the event that you become aware that an individual under the age of sixteen (16) has registered without parental permission, please advise us immediately.
Changes to the Privacy Notice. We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time to keep it up to date with legal requirements and the way we operate our business. We will place any updates on this webpage. Please come back to this page every now and then to make sure you are familiar with the latest version.